We are thrilled to confirm that the 3rd EMYO will be organized in the picturesque city of Cracow, Poland, in July 13-14, 2018
500 Young Ophthalmologists from all over the world will share their experience, build professional network and friendships
Do not miss the opportunity to take part in the unique lectures and seminars given by our excellent guests
See you in Cracow!
Magdalena Kucharczyk-Pośpiech & Sabina Sapeta Presidents of the Organizing Committee EMYO 2018
TOPICS | PROGRAM | SESSIONS | COURSES
- Ocular Oncology
- Cornea and Refractive Surgery
This conference is dedicated for young ophthalmologists, who are during their specialization and also for ophthalmologists who finished their specialization less than 5 years ago.
Data & Venue
Presidents of the Organizing Committee:
Magdalena Kucharczyk- Pośpiech Sabina Sapeta
Members of the organizational committee:
Anna Bielecka Maciej Czepita Joanna Przybek Janusz Skrzypecki Katarzyna Kozicka Joanna Kozioł- Moszczyńska Urszula Stachowska Marta Pietruszyńka Wojciech Maruszczyk Emilia Wnękowicz Stefan Jaworski-Martycz (Prezes Thea Polska) Olga Milewska (Thea)
Fees & Payment information
- Fee of 220 PLN (about 50 EUR) includes: – Admission to all scientific sessions – Accommodation – two nights 12th/13th and 13th/14th July in double rooms – Conference materials – Coffee breaks – Lunch on 13th and 14th July 2018 – Dinner and social event on 13th July 2018
- There is also a possibility to participate on-line in the conference (on-line registration required, no fee);
- Payment information: InspireCongress Sp. z o.o.
85 1030 0019 0109 8503 4000 2707 Bank Citi Handlowy
Swift: CITIPLPXXXX Iban/BIC: PL XX 1030 XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
We kindly inform you that your abstract submission is possible until January 15, 2018 Guidelines for preparing scientific poster presentations
- Size – Your poster must be no larger than 80 cm by 100 cm. Author has to bring printed poster (there will not be possibility to print poster at the conference center).
- Time and Day – Choose the time and day when you will be in area of your poster in case there are questions from the participants of the conference. Posters will be displayed all day. Authors should be next to its posters for about 20minutes.
Guidelines for preparing “rapid fire” oral presentations Presenters get 5 minutes to present slides with case report or summarizing the research that they are working on. Guidelines for preparing video:
- Video presentation with the surgery performed by the author of presentation
- Educational videos should concern nonsurgical treatment for eye diseases
- During your video presentation you are required to make comments live. It is not acceptable to pre-record voice commentary.
- Presenters have 5 minutes to present their video
Important information for attendies During your presentation Each session room will be staffed with an AV technician who will assist in starting each presentation. Once the presentation is launched, the presenter will control the program from the podium using a computer or the up/down/right/left keys on the keyboard. SESSION ROOM EQUIPMENT:
- Stage containing a head table.
- One or two large screens displaying the PowerPoint presentation
- Notebook running MS PowerPoint with presenter mouse
- Fixed microphone at the lectern.
- Fixed speaker microphone.
- Laser pointer.
- Countdown timer showing remaining presentation time.
PRESENTATION AND SOFTWARE Acceptable formats** for presentations – PowerPoint (.ppt/x) – Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) APPLE USERS: Please make sure that all inserted pictures are either JPEG or PNG Video Formats:
- The recommended video format for Windows-based presentations is Windows Media (.wmv). For more detailed information regarding fonts, sound, video, and general compatibility, please refer to email@example.com
- If your presentation includes movies or animations, please make sure to bring them with you to the speaker ready room for uploading, even if you chose to “embed” you media files.
- Your movie will be uploaded faster and loaded faster during your presentation with no distinguishable loss in video quality.
- Preferred Video Formats: Windows Media Video (WMV) MP4 (ideally MPEG 1 & MPEG 2 but H.264 codecs as well) AVI (Divx, Xvid, or WMV codecs) MPG (MPEG 1 & MPEG 2 MOV (H264 & MPEG4)
Only the following storage formats will be accepted: CD USB Memory Stick If you plan to play a DVD as part of your presentation, please notify the technician in the Speaker Ready Room so arrangements can be made for assistance in your meeting room. The computers provided will run the following software: Keynote 2013 (Keynote 6) or earlier. Adobe Reader. Quicktime. VLC1. Media File. Special Fonts We only supply format that are included with Office 2010. If you need a specialized font, it should be embedded into your PowerPoint presentation Click here for explanation of this process. File Names The presentation file may be named whatever you wish. The system automatically creates a special directory for each speaker LAPTOPS:
- Personal laptops cannot be used in the session rooms. You must load your files via the Speaker Ready Room. However, support is available in the Speaker Ready Room for file transfers from your laptop. You should still bring a backup of the presentation on alternate media (see list of acceptable formats above). Please make sure you have all power, video, and networking adapters with you.
- We do not use industry logos or brand names in PowerPoint presentation (except industry session).
- Presenters are required to provide identification in order to submit their presentation as well as to access in the Speaker Ready Room.
- All files are deleted at the end of the Congress unless permission has been granted to the congress association to retain the presentation files.
- We will not abuse any of the contents and the presentations will be DELETED immediately after the session so no Copyright Transfer issues will arise.
- A computerized count down timer will monitor speaker’s time which will turn RED near to the end of presentation. You are responsible for delivering your presentation within the specified time. Sessions Chairs are instructed to stop any presentation that runs over the allotted time.
Registration and accommodation
Registration and accommodation We have two kinds of registration (on site and online) for doctors. Both have to be made via congress website www.emyo2018.com. Option 1 – on site participation: Young ophthalmologists can register to come to Cracow and take part in the event after paying the fee (about 50 EUR). The fee includes as mentioned:
- Admission to all scientific sessions
- Accommodation – two nights 12th/13th and 13th/14th July in double rooms
- Conference materials
- Coffee breaks
- Lunch on 13th and 14th July 2018
- Dinner and social event on 13th July 2018
Please note that the fee does not cover the transport/flight cost – all participants pay for themselves. We would like to emphasize that we are not able to match Young Ophthalmologists in double rooms in the hotels as they specifically would ask. Matching will be done due to participants gender by default. Specific requests should be arranged individually with organizing agency Inspire Congress at: firstname.lastname@example.org Option 2 – Online participation: We will provide on-line streaming of main sessions of this conference (available for all registered participants). Ophthalmologists and doctors of other specializations can register and participate on-line in the conference (no fee, not limited number of doctors).
13 July 2018 20.00 – Gala dinner at Stara Zajezdnia http://starazajezdniakrakow.pl/en/
Partners & useful links
Follow us on Twitter @Trophybythea
Terms and Conditions of Participation in the Conference
To start the conference left